Saturday, July 21, 2012

Babe on a Budget

These days I'm on a pretty tight budget and it's going to get even tighter in the upcoming months when Kyle goes into his fire academy and can not work for 10 weeks.  That being said there are some luxuries in my life that I just refuse to give up.  One of those luxuries has been my Moroccan Oil.  I have long hair and if you want long hair, you have to take care of it.  But lately I've been thinking, there has to be some product out there with the same or similar ingredients for a lot cheaper.  Moroccan Oil has been on the market for a while now so plenty of companies must be copying it.  Considering that a 3.4 oz bottle costs $40-$50, depending on where you buy it, it was definitely worth looking around.  

Today, I was at Rite Aid and noticed a bottle of Argan Oil (main ingredient of Moroccan Oil) being advertised on a display by the front door.  I picked up the bottle, Googled Moroccan Oil ingredients and compared them.  It was basically the same but for $20(a significant savings).  As I browsed the store and held onto the bottle I picked up I decided to check the hair aisle just in case there were other brands.   Low and behold, what do I find... Renpure Originals Argan Oil.  Almost the exact same ingredients, not tested on animals, made in America, a family company, the bottle is larger (3.75oz), it even smells the same as Moroccan Oil. What more could I ask for????  How about a price tag of $5.99 !!!


No comments: