Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bacon-Beer Brussels Sprouts

I got this recipe from here and I made it last night.  They were sooo good.  

The recipe called for 2lbs of brussels sprouts which is way too much for just us so I cut it in half.  

  • 1lb of brussels sprouts, cut the large ones in half
  • 6oz of bacon, chopped
  • 1/2 of a Shallot, sliced
  • 1/2 of a 12oz bottle of beer, now that I'm thinking about it I poured the whole bottle in and it turned out just fine.
  • salt
  • pepper
  • a pinch of crushed red pepper
Cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy and then add the shallots and cook until soft.  Then add the brussels sprouts and brown the outside for a few minutes.  Then add the beer, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper and let it cook down into a glaze, stirring occasionally.








No comments: