Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beautiful Beverages


I love when things look beautiful.  I love details.  I notice things that most other people don't.  

A few years back, Kyle and I were at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and got a drink at the Chandelier Bar.  I noticed right away that the drink I ordered looked amazing.   It was the ice cubes.  They were perfect.  Perfect cube shape, sparklingly clear.  I was so impressed that I googled the Cosmo's ice cubes and found out that they use a special machine that is extremely costly to get those perfect cubes.  
I found these ice cube trays at Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I have the right shape now.  I would love them to be perfectly clear and I tried a technique I found on Pinterest that involved boiling filtered water twice but it did nothing.  I will keep searching for a way to make them perfect but for now I love these new ice cube trays :)


No comments: