Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Portion Control

This is something I really struggle with.  I love food and I love to eat.  But...I have been packing on the pounds in record time since I have gone off my ADHD medicine.  It's really getting out of my control and I'm starting to freak out.   So, I'm going to try it the old fashioned way--diet and exercise.     
I decided that portion control might help since I really eat pretty healthy already.  

It turns out that the serving size for Grape Nuts, which I eat just about everyday, is 1/2 a cup.
I probably had triple that in my bowl.  Oops.


Below is what the actual serving of Grape Nuts should look like.
It looks a little sad but honestly I was just as satisfied in the end from the smaller bowl of cereal.
Lesson Learned :)


Side-by-side comparison: