Thursday, December 26, 2013

Homemade Apple Butter

This year's Christmas craft is apple butter.  I was shocked at how many people didn't know what I was talking about when I told them I was making it.  I grew up on the stuff.  To clear things up if you don't know what it is...
1. No it is not apple flavored butter
2. It's like jam but apple and cinnamon flavored
3. You can use it on toast, for pb&j, on vanilla ice cream, in oatmeal.  The possibilities are endless.







  • 12 apples- peeled, cored, and sliced (an apple slicer makes this really easy)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp all spice
Step 1:  Throw everything in the crockpot on low and cook over night.  I let mine go until the apples were really soft and falling apart.  I left it on low all night and most of the next day.  
Step 2:  Crack the lid or remove it and turn crockpot up to high to cook off the water and thicken it up.
Step 3:  Put in blender and blend until smooth.


No comments: