Sunday, February 16, 2014

Blake Olivia: 5 months


What's been happening this month:


  • 14 lb. 7oz at her doctor appointment.  Almost double her birth weight. 
  • Doing much better at tummy time and rolling over from front to back.  She only gets to her side from her back though.
  • Wearing size 6 month clothes.
  • Laughing.
  • Chewing her hands.
  • Still drooling a lot.
  • Understanding and anticipating games.
  • Loves playing with toys, especially throwing them on the ground over and over and making me pick them up.
  • Still needs to be swaddled for sleep.  I might get the Zipadee Zip soon to try to transition her.  It comes highly recommended from a few friends.
  • Found her voice and loves to use it, loudly.
  • Pulling hair. I can't ever wear mine down anymore.
  • Loves to play with her feet.
  • Waking up at night again. She wakes up about every other night.  I've read that this can happen at about 5 months because baby becomes more aware of their surroundings.  I am going to start some different methods for sleep so that I can create good habits.  I'm not a believer in "sleep training" but I am going to start gently helping her to learn to self soothe and fall asleep on her own.  I hope this works.  I didn't buy a book on it (because seriously, who has time to read a book?) but I have read up on a few different techniques and am going to sort of make up my own sleep techniques.  We'll see if it works.  More on that later.  I still really don't mind helping her to sleep but I would like to stop completely relying on nursing to sleep so that other people will be able to get her to bed.  

No comments: