Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lactation Shake


Peanut Butter Banana Lactation Smoothie: healthier than eating lactation cookies :)
  • Protein Powder (I use vanilla)
  • 1 banana
  • splash of milk
  • Chia Seeds (because they are a superfood and I put them in everything these days)
  • Scoop of Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 tbs flax seed meal (soak in water for a few minutes before to soften)
  • 1/2 tbs. brewers yeast
  • ice
You don't have to do peanut butter banana but this flavor is sweet and can cover up the bitterness of the brewers yeast.  I might try a fruity or green shake next.  Protein, flax seed meal, and brewers yeast are the important ingredients for lactation.  

Today I also heard that coconut oil and grass feed butter (whatever that is) are also good and some people put them in coffee (decaf).  There are so many home remedies for low milk supply out there and who knows if they really work but I have pretty much tried them all and now have a really great supply so I will keep doing what I'm doing. 




No comments: