Monday, August 27, 2012

Baked Pears

This is so easy and so yummy.  All you need is...

  • 2 pears
  • 2 tbs butter, melted
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • juice from half a lemon
  • lemon zest from half a lemon


Preheat oven to 350.  Cut pears in half and core them with a melon baller.  Put them cut side up in a baking pan.  I used a loaf pan because it was the perfect size for just 2 pears.  Melt butter and combine with sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and pour over pears.  Sprinkle lemon zest on top.

Bake in oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes and then serve with vanilla bean ice cream :)




4 comments:

ournextgreatadventure said...

Ooh, looks yummy!

Stacy said...

These look delish! I'm going to have to try them!

Christina Basye-Carlson said...

Okay... Mara, I have the question of all questions. The food and deserts you are making look AMAZING! But how in the hell are you so thin and perfect??? I would die to look like you and have your bod. I think I just gained 2 pounds just looking at the pears and vanilla ice cream... Share your stay perfect secret!

XO
CBC

Mara {One Lucky Girl} said...

Oh my gosh Christina... I am far from perfect. I have actually gained about 10 pounds since the wedding and I don't even have pregnancy as an excuse. I'm getting a little worried that I need to get this under control before I get preggers. Do you have any motivational advice because it's impossible to get my butt moving these days? Especially with the weather we have been having.