Thursday, April 18, 2013

16 Weeks




***I know this is late but my computer has been broken for the past few weeks.  Week 18 is coming soon also. 


  • How Far Along:  16 weeks

  • Baby Size: About the size of an avocado

  • Total Weight Gain: 5lbs. My doctor said that I had only gained 1.5lbs since my last appointment but that it is ok and should average out eventually.

  • Maternity Clothes: I give up on the bella band.  It just rides up or down or wherever I don’t want it.

  • Stretch Marks: Not yet. I’m being good about using my Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lotion though, just in case. *Stretch marks may be inevitable for me anyway so I’m ok with it.

  • Sleep: I’m sleeping well and still on my stomach part of the time. I am trying to train myself to sleep on my left side, since they say that is the best for me and the baby.  I think I move around a lot though.

  • Best Moment of the week: Finding out the gender!! 

  • Miss Anything?: Beer. I smelled one at work the other night and really wanted a sip.

  • Movement: No.  I’m dying to feel the baby move and I guess it will happen any time now.

  • Food Cravings: Spicy again

  • Anything Making you queasy or sick: No. Actually I feel great.

  • Gender: Girl.

  • Labor Signs:  No

  • Symptoms: Nesting. I am feeling so productive and cleaning/organizing/planning like a crazy person. Also, some heartburn but not too bad.

  • Belly Button in or out: In

  • Wedding Rings on or off: On

  • Mood: Great. I didn't realize it but I think I was a little down in the first trimester, due to being so tired and unproductive (and possibly hormones).

  • Looking forward to: Feeling some movement. The gender reveal ultrasound confirmed for me that I really could not feel the baby moving L

  • Exercise:  I have been working out regularly and it has increased my energy.  I feel so much better J
  • The Bump: Getting bigger and I can already see the linea nigra. Actually, I knew it was coming because it was always faintly there. Also, I can really feel the ligaments stretching now. I was wondering how I would know the difference between that and other cramping or aches but it’s totally obvious.

No comments: