Sunday, August 18, 2013

36 Weeks


  • How Far Along:  36 weeks

  • Baby Size: Honeydew Melon

  • Total Weight Gain: 21 lbs. My appointments are weekly now so at the last one I was down 3 to 18 and then this week back up to 21.

  • Maternity Clothes: Maternity and non-maternity.

  • Stretch Marks: Nope.

  • Sleep:  I am sleeping well. I get sore and stiff when I’m sleeping though so it takes me a little longer to get up.

  • Best Moment of the week:  Hearing that the baby is head down and in the correct position.  One less thing to worry about J

  • Miss Anything?: The ability to move around.  I have good days and bad days now. Sometimes I can barely move and some days I’m totally fine.

  • Movement: She moves a lot but I don’t think she has much room anymore so not really flipping around.  Just punching me.

  • Food Cravings: I have been craving fruit again.  So lucky that I was pregnant over summer when the good stuff is in season.

  • Anything Making you queasy or sick: Just uncomfortable when I eat too much.

  • Gender: Girl.

  • Labor Signs:  No.

  • Symptoms:  Gigantic belly! J

  • Belly Button in or out: Flat.

  • Wedding Rings on or off: On.

  • Mood:  Happy, emotional, tired, excited, overwhelmed, anxious, etc, etc, etc.

  • Looking forward to: Meeting my baby girl!!

  • Exercise: Doctor told me to slow it down now because I was having a little bleeding and she doesn’t want me to go into labor early.  She recommended I stop working or slow down but it’s hard with my kind of job so I compromised with the exercise (I’ve taken it down to really low impact) and told her I would take it easier at work. I also quit my day job about 2 weeks earlier than I had planned so I can rest during the day since I have to work at night.
  • The Last Month: I have to say that this last month feels different.  I’m anxious and huge and uncomfortable.  I’m such a cliché now.  I walk around rubbing my lower back and when I get to the end of a long work shift I can’t help but waddle a little bit.  I still can’t believe I made it all the way to the end feeling absolutely great though.  I guess I got lucky.  I only have a very short time left so I’m trying to enjoy it, even though I’m dying to meet my baby and get my body back to feeling like myself again.

No comments: