Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I know I'm a little behind everyone else but I have finally started to decorate for Christmas.  I am not even close to done.  We don't have a tree and I haven't even pulled out my decorations from last year yet.
But, I think this is a pretty good start :)

Also, this might be kind of lame but I think I might get an Elf on the Shelf to keep Kyle in line this Christmas ;)
Seriously though, I think it might be kind of funny to do an adult version of elf pranks.  More to come on that later...



 My Advent Calendar- I decorated small envelopes that hold tiny treats and/or notes.




I wrapped letters in twine to spell out JOY above our stockings.


I used the same twine to make a tree.  I plan on doing a few more in different sizes and materials.



 I put cinnamon scented pine cones all over the house to get that "Christmas" smell.  These ones are on my cake stand on a bed of snow (epsom salt)


For our bedroom, I made a small wreath out of fabric strips tied onto a small wire ring.  



And last I made a sparkly reindeer silhouette for a frame in our bedroom.



No comments: