Friday, December 28, 2012

New Beauty Ritual

Beauty products are so expensive and I've tried many and I never get the result my hard earned money deserves.  Lately I have been looking for an alternative.  I searched my pantry and decided to experiment.  I know that sugar is a great exfoliant, I've read on Pinterest that a lot of people use coconut oil as a moisturizer, and I've always known that lemon can be a skin brightener (aka can fade dark spots and freckles).  I was a little afraid to use lemon on my face as I have heard that it will work but can get worse if you don't use sunscreen forever after.  Well, at my age I never go without sunscreen on my face anyway so I decided it was worth a try.  

I just threw the ingredients together but an estimated recipe is: 
  • The juice of one lemon
  • 3-4 tbs of coconut oil
  • 1 cup of white sugar

I mixed them together in a ziplock because the coconut oil is solid at room temp but your hands can easily melt it.  I just kneaded the ingredients together in the bag and tossed it into my shower to use.



I have been doing this for about a week and my skin feels really soft.  Especially in the dry winter weather.  I have not had problems with any breakouts but it's really hard to tell if my skin looks brighter.  I should have taken a before picture but I didn't.  Overall, I am happy with the way my skin feels.

No comments: