Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pregnancy Must Haves: Update for 3rd Trimester

1. Tums
Heartburn can pop up out of nowhere so I keep these on me at all times.  Doctor says they are just calcium and totally safe.


2.  $25 massages
These places have been popping up all over the place in the last few years.  Shop around because they are not all equal.  Also, make sure they are comfortable working on a pregnant person because usually they are doing reflexology massage and some spots (on the foot) can trigger uterine contractions.  I for one can not afford a bunch of prenatal massages as I prepare for this baby but a 60 minute, fully clothed, reflexology for $25 is totally do-able and you can just walk-in anytime.


3. Hospital Classes
I can not stress enough how much I recommend taking classes, whether at your hospital or elsewhere.  Baby classes have really boosted my confidence in bringing this baby home.  I have felt so clueless about everything from bottles to bras to bathing my child once I get her home.  They really can help you out and answer all of your questions about products and baby care.  We are only part of the way through our classes (we are taking breastfeeding, baby care, and childbirth) and have already learned so much.  Advice from friends and family is valuable but can vary widely and can sometimes be outdated.  The internet can be overwhelming.  I'm not saying that the teacher of my classes does everything right but it's a great start with all the info in one place.  Then, once we get her home and see how she is, we can decide what is best for us and for Blake.


4. Water, water, water
So far I am not all bloated and puffy and I would like to keep it that way for as long as possible.  Staying comfortable is key to surviving these last few weeks.  I am drinking a ton of water and trying to keep my salt intake down.


No comments: